Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Miami Hurricanes: Freshman pitcher Eric Whaley will start for the Hurricanes against FSU in the first round of the ACC Tournament. - South Florida Sun

by Shandel Richardson - Sun Sentinel

Miami Hurricanes pitcher Eric Whaley figured he might as well begin the preparation early. During last weekend's series against Virginia, he learned he would start the opener in the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament against Florida State on Wednesday in Greensboro, N.C. Moments after the regular season concluded, he threw about 20 pitches in the bullpen.

"To get me ready for the next start," Whaley said. "I found out that I would be starting a game in the ACC [tournament] so I was getting ready for that. I wasn't expecting it, but I feel I am ready for it."




No comments:

Post a Comment